If you’ve determined you can sell your product in a given marketplace but prefer not to fulfill customer orders yourself, Amazon can do it for you. Sign up for Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), and Amazon will pick, pack, and ship inventory on your behalf. FBA can help your online sales increase by providing greater exposure to your products and offering fast shipping to your Amazon customers—a highly attractive benefit. In addition, all of your FBA orders are backed by Amazon’s world-class customer service in the language of the local marketplace to answer customers’ questions about their orders. With FBA, Amazon also takes care of returns handling for the orders we ship for you.
Amazon currently offers FBA services to sellers in Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
If you already use FBA in your primary marketplace, it does not automatically extend to another Amazon marketplace when you begin selling internationally. For example, if you currently sell on Amazon.com and want to sell on Amazon.co.uk, you must create a new seller account for Amazon.co.uk and convert your listings to FBA in that UK marketplace account. However, if you are already selling in one Amazon European marketplace, such as Amazon.de, and want to sell in another Amazon European marketplace, such as Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it, or Amazon.es, you can use the same Seller Central account. Review Register and launch for step-by-step instructions.
Benefits to choosing FBA when selling internationally include:
- Higher visibility and sales. FBA is a fulfillment solution that can also increase your sales. How does FBA help give you a competitive edge? In countries where the Amazon Prime program is available, many Prime members filter product searches based on eligibility for Prime shipping, so they may not even see your offers if they are not in FBA.
- Around-the-clock local-language customer support. Amazon’s world-class customer service is included as part of FBA for orders placed on Amazon, which helps you maintain high levels of customer satisfaction. Customer support is provided in the local language of the marketplace where you are selling your products.
- Scalability. FBA is scalable with your business’ growth and helps you handle peaks during busier times of the year. FBA can accept a single unit or thousands of units of a product. You decide how many units you send through FBA at any given time. This flexibility is particularly helpful when you are entering a new marketplace.
- Delivery satisfaction. In addition to customer support, your FBA products receive the trusted Amazon delivery experience that customers value—from a wide range of fast, often-free delivery options to package tracking and gift-wrapping options.
- Increased shipping speed. Since your inventory could be stored in the country in which you are selling, we may be able to deliver your order to local customers faster than you would be able to directly from your current location.